7.28.2010

Ballet and a Big Move!

Hello everyone!

I've stayed around Richmond for the most part this summer, but
my summer started out on a bit of a difficult note when my sister, Kailyn, who was my roommate as well as a trainee with the ballet, moved back to California. I miss her terribly and it has definitely been an adjustment.








After she left I moved out on my own for the first time ever!
Moving into the Fan is different from where we were in the West End, but the neighborhood is now home to seven RB company members including our two newest additions- Trevor Davis and Cody Beaton! It's comforting to have so many friends close by. You may have seen us all riding our bikes to the ballet in a big group! Cars have a hard time missing the ballet dancer biker gang as we ride through VCU and up Byrd.

I haven't been taking a whole lots of classes myself, but I have been teaching all summer. I work with some School of Richmond Ballet students, as well as incoming students and I'm also running workshops for high school kids through a studio I teach at during the school year. It's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm in and out of the ballet during the week, maintaining my pilates schedule with the wonderful Jerry Weiss, taking classes when I can (both in summer intensive and the adult program), and trying to make it to physical therapy.

All in all, it's been somewhat of a low key summer, but I've been keeping out of the summer heat (not necessarily out of the sun) and busy. I'm heading home today for the first time since December and I'll stay there for the remainder of our vacation. Home is Southern California, where I'll have plenty of time to take some wonderful ballet classes, and to get my body and stamina prepared for our upcoming season.

Hope you're all having good summers as well! --Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment